Here and there and everywhere...

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy 2008

Christmas and New Years 2007 Washington and New York

Back in London and back to work... as I predicted the xmas holidays passed by way too fast to make a difference to my motivation at work. So far I can blame my sleepiness on the jetlag but what do I do on Monday?? Well, I could join a gym and lay off anything toxic until my birthday! But at work the only thing to keep me awake is coffee or time off. So there goes the "detox" haha!

Anyway, had a great time in Washington DC with Matt, Tim, Laura, Glenn and Kate + afghans and a cat. Did the usual stuff, opened presents, ate and drank a lot, played some pool, did some sightseeing and a lot of shopping at the mall.

In New York there was only time for a few minutes of sightseeing. Glenn and Matt went sightseeing by night so us girls went sightseeing by day, catching the Empire State building before the 2hr+ queue set in. I wasn't so lucky with the Ellis Island ferry as the queue stretched through the whole park by the time Matt and I made it down there. So instead I saw the Statue of Liberty from land rather than by boat! There's always next time!

We also spent New Year's on Times Square and met loads of people from Sheffield, England and Canada. Kate and I tried to see the rehearsal of the ball drop but nothing was happening at the promised noon drop so we went to Planet Hollywood for lunch and cocktails. Matt and I had dinner at Red Lobster... well I finished my whole mega seafood plate while Matt mostly watched his ;) mmm to think of all that lobster and crab and garlic prawns go to waste!

New Year's Eve we spent in a club, it took us a good hour to get 2 blocks across Times Square - we ended up taking a taxi 10 blocks up to Central Park, walked 5 long blocks down to the other side to catch a taxi back 10 blocks to get to the night club where we had a table and champagne reserved for us. The hip-hop dj "forgot" to do a countdown for us at midnight but we had our glasses ready and cheered away. Thank goodness there was no auld lang syne singing this year!

Matt's finally back in London with my new ipod touch, wohoo! It's time to fire it up now. Wish me luck in my "detox" for the next 3 weeks! Click here for photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home