Here and there and everywhere...

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Stereophonics

So...

it's been a month since my last posting, my time does fly ;) The latest news is that I've bought a pink car, a 1.2l Vauxhall/Opel Corsa from 2001! Picked it up a week ago and it runs very nicely, if only I could drive it properly haha. But thanks to London traffic I'll be an experienced driver in no time! Uh huh, you're still wondering about the color of the car... well it's not exactly pink pink, more of a metallic dark salmon or pinkish brick so it's a bit orangey rather than candy pink. Otherwise I don't think I would have bought it ;) Anyway, found a picture on the web of a similar one:



Matt and I had the most terrible time trying to find me a car, though. I trawled through autotrader and gumtree and phoned all the cars in the right price-range, size and such but by the time we'd arranged to see it, the car would have been sold, sometimes within minutes. The market here is mad! We had even put £50 deposit on a car that turned out a previous owner still owed money on it and it had been a write-off in Nov06 so it was a no-no.

Anyway, the reason I've decided to drive a car around London is that I thought I'd improve my journey to and from work and it looks like I'll cut down my commute by 1 hour a day which is a result. So far it's been taking almost 4hrs a day commuting so anything to reduce that is more than welcome!

On Saturday Matt, me and the gang are heading up to Blackpool for the weekend. It's Lisa's birthday on Friday and her favorite band, Stereophonics, is playing on Saturday so Kirst managed to get us all tickets. I've never been to Blackpool and can't wait to see the concert so it should be well cool :)

Otherwise the flat is improving slowly, bought Erika a heatgun so she can burn off the paint off our skirting boards while I try and sort my room out. Was supposed to be more or less finished in time for my mum's London visit tonight but thanks to a leak my efforts were put on hold and I've only just managed to paint the ceiling once last weekend... Anyway, will give it another go next weekend so should see a big improvement then ;) Have to do my skirting boards as well, all in good time.

Until next time, hope you're all well,

xx

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Tjipp på dig!

Härligt med att ha bil....med tanke på de långa pendlingstimmarna du har varje dag om jag förstått det rätt. Tror faktiskt att jag såg en identisk bil här på gatan utanför huset en dag :=)

Kram Linda

9:04 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home