Here and there and everywhere...

Monday, January 01, 2007

It's 2007 guys!


Happy New Year
2007

I hope you all celebrated the end of 2006 in style, I certainly did! After catching a couple of hours of sleep, it was time to drag myself out of bed and go back to London Heathrow to check in for our KLM flight. Christian and I got on without any problems as KLM decided to fly us on a huge Boeing 737 with as many seats per person as you could ever wish for! Jasper picked us up from Schipol and we arrived to a large 2 p.m. breakfast at the house. The others decided that it was time for an excursion to downtown Amsterdam while I decided to stay behind with Olivia and take a well-needed nap. Unfortuntaly for Olivia, little Julie was not as sleepy as me ;)

When I dragged myself out of bed for the second time that day I helped Olivia prepare the spread for the party and play with Julie while waiting for the others to get back. We had so much yummie food to eat we were completely stuffed by the time the guests arrived :)

At midnight we went out to experience a proper Dutch NYE which meant trying to kill your neighbours with rocket-propelled grenades... or whatever you use nowadays. There were so many fireworks everywhere we thought we were in the middle of a war zone but it was soo cool! One of our rockets fell over and because of all the wind there were fireworks going off everywhere, underneath the cars, at us etc. We had to run back indoors not to lose all our limbs haha. But then indoors we also had a chocolate fountain so we weren't too worried about missing the rest of the fireworks.


So I hope Olivia had an excellent party celebrating her 30th birthday as we really enjoyed ourselves. I also hope you will all have a great year and don't forget that life's a party!
xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home