Here and there and everywhere...

Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's xmas time again!

Ice-skating Kew December 2007

Not that it really feels all that xmassy yet! We've got a xmas tree in the lounge and some xmas lights up but so far I haven't managed to get into the xmassy spirit yet.

Last week us Swedo's, an Aussie and a couple of Frenchies went ice-skating in Kew Gardens and afterwards we had a lot of mulled wine, gingerbread biscuits and lussekatter as we do every year thanks to my organising everybody and Erika doing the baking ;) My organisational skills weren't on top this year though since I forgot to bring the e-ticket for the ice-skating! Oh well, 45mins later we were in and with our "skates" on that were the most uncomfortable things you could dream of putting on your feet! I would gladly wear high heels all day than those things. Which means I need to dig out my old skates from the basement somewhere in Sweden or buy a new pair... hmm very tempting but there's no-where to skate here for free or for less than £10 so I might have to dig my old ones out and get them sharpened :)

My next skating opportunity will be in New York. Matt and I are flying out to Washington DC to spend xmas with his Dad and Laura. Glenn and Kate are joining us on Boxing Day and then we're off to New York on the 29th to spend New Years on Time Square. So maybe this year we'll even get some real snow! I'm really excited and can't wait to see New York as I've never been there before. And I have to break my tradition of celebrating a Swedish xmas in London :)

My other news is that Matt and I have moved to a big house in Ealing, sharing with Lisa and Damon and Ben. We also have a nice big garden so I'm looking forward to spring-time when we can start having a proper Aussie "barbie" and some "bevvies" - that's BBQ and drinks for those of you who don't speak Australian :)

Anyway, time to go downstairs for an afternoon of football, Man U - Liverpool and then Arsenal - Chelsea, wohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home