Here and there and everywhere...

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Notre Dame, Paris


Notre Dame, Paris, Thursday 26 October Posted by Picasa
I thought I would post a photo or two from the last couple of weeks as I haven't posted any lately :) Had a great time in Paris last week even though I had the flu throughout... this time we stayed at the Citadines aparthotel near Moulin Rouge which meant I had a studio flat to myself with a small kitchen with a tiny dish washer. There was even a stereo in the room, fantastic! So I went to the cinema 2 nights in a row so I wouldn't start hating my hotel room, there's only so much you can take of French TV and a tiny dish washer!

While I was outside the cinema trying to decide what film I wanted to see and trying to make sure it was in English, an old French lady gives me a left-over ticket to the film The Perfume which made me love Paris even more. So after the free film I treated myself to a nutella and banana crèpe (has to be done). The night after I saw the film I was intending to see, The Children of Men with Clive Owen and Juliane Moore. Good but strange films, I'm still dying to see the Departed, though, since everyone says it's a very good movie!

Thursday night I decided to ignore my flu and go down town with 2 colleagues so we ended up window shopping in Les Halles, then walked past Notre Dame and ended up in Qartier Latin for som cheese fondue and wine. It's great when the company pays for dinner ;) I was so inspired by the French that I cooked duck breast for some friends last night with mashed potato and honey glazed carrots and mushrooms... and more red wine of course!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home