Here and there and everywhere...

Friday, October 20, 2006

End of October? Autumn?

Hi all,

was still munching on fresh strawberries yesterday and you can still sit outside during the day and enjoy the warm sunshine! You wouldn't think it's soon Halloween! This is apparently ta record summer in Britain and no-one's complaining as no-one wants to pay for gas and turn on the central heating...

Latest news is that Erika and I are looking to buy a flat so if any of you want to donate £100.000 in cash I will gladly email you my account details :) The house market here is so fast we risk being priced out before we arrange a viewing with an estate agent! Or maybe you could play the lottery for us! Some good news is that my bank has finally considered me worthy of a credit card! Without one you can never get a good credit rating here in the UK and the only way is by having lots of credit that you've paid off. So I will have to go shopping and then refund everything again just to build my rating haha. If I up my rating I can then be offered a better mortgage with a lower interest rate. It's all terribly exciting business, really.

Unfortunately I have next week off as I'm going back to Paris for some more training but this time I'll be coming straight back home so we can continue looking at potential properties!

Otherwise I'm terribly busy as my social life has picked up tremendously this year, no point in planning a quiet weekend this side of xmas anyway... tonight Smari is coming back to London after moving to Iceland for 2 whole weeks (they're a bit mad those Icelandic people) so he's promised to cook us an authentic Icelandic lamb dish tomorrow night, yum yum. Next weekend we have a couple from Copenhagen visiting us and when they're gone my mum and MaryLou will drop by for a few days. And then it's the lead up to xmas so there'll be no saving money either, aaargh! We did say NO MORE VISITORS haha... A friend of a friend has moved here from Sweden so I'm also trying to fit her in out busy lives so last Friday we went out for an all-nighter at a local pub/club :)

Otherwise my new job is still going well, haven't picked up everything yet but it's easier than I thought even though I've never trained in accounts... but the requirements for this job is a brain rather than qualifications so I hope my blond hair will not be my downfall ;) But it feels godd to be able to say that I'm responsible over the UK banking for an international company! Though, let's not forget my very knowledgable colleagues who have accountancy diplomas that I have to fall back on when I'm having my blond moments.

Tonight I'm going to a comedy club so the weekend should start off with some laughs, even though I'm feeling a bit fluey and under the weather... But I've got lost of vitamin C at home, Cranberry juice, 3 pomegranates and red grapes. But I don't know how to tackle my pomegranates, the last one I ate took me 2 hrs to get through. What am I doing wrong!?

Happy Pumpkin week everybody

xx c

p.s. several English people have claimed in the last couple of weeks that I sound English... wahay, I have finally integrated! They don't believe me when I tell them I'm Swedish haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home